Translate

Monday, February 4, 2013

TIAS 2013 Days 6 - 9

I seriously owe you guys an update on my project for the TIAS 2013. I managed to get them done but I have been so busy with other things that I just didn't get them posted here.

Day 6


Day 7

Day 8

Day 9

I spent much of my day up in Sedalia with some fellow fiber enthusiasts. I am working on another single shuttle tape lace for another ornament. I found just a few more excellent patterns and hopefully I will end up with a dozen ornaments for my tree next year. Since I have these now, I am also going to work on some new eggs as well for this spring. Not yet sure if I will be dyeing the threads yet but that will be determined when we get to later in the week and my "busy" time goes away.

I will work on getting pictures of the new laces as I get them done. I may seriously think about dyeing threads for a pastel look. I found some really seriously bright colors that may also be good for bright egg patterns. The picture below is the jar that I purchased a couple of weekends ago that had those threads in it.



I also found a very great stash of tatting shuttles in an antique store just not that far from my home yesterday. The big one in the picture below is a "knotting shuttle" used for the bigger threads. I am so happy that I found these and hubby was so great about letting me get them.


Well that is all that I have now. If I could just find some time to relax and play with my threads I would seriously be happy.

Happy Tatting

Arial - The Tattered Faerie

No comments:

Post a Comment