Translate

Monday, November 3, 2014

More Snow and another day closer

I have completed days 10 through 14 of the "24 Snowflakes in Tatting" book. Yes, if you are counting 7 through 9 are not yet done. Well, after the frustration I had over day 6, I decided that I would go on to some simpler things before going back to other techniques. I just have to get my head back around the switching shuttles to switch directions in the  previous 3 snowflakes before going on. Below are the images of the completed snowflakes. Again, they are done but ends need to be hidden and the flake preped for the coloring process. I will have to do a couple of super simple patterns to test out what it will take to achieve the effect that I really want.

Day Ten from 24 Snowflakes in Tatting
 
Day Eleven from 24 Snowflakes in Tatting
 
Day Twelve from 24 Snowflakes in Tatting
Day Thirteen from 24 Snowflakes in Tatting

I am now in the planning stage for travel to Indiana this Wednesday. It is the: what do I take, do I have all of my meds packed, threads are lined up and electronics lined out and packed away. The timing of everything is important so that I do not miss a step and end up leaving here late to meet up with my ride in St. Louis on Wednesday.

I have my calendar for the next year ready. The dates will be filled out by the month and postings will be planned. It is a pocket calendar to take with me everywhere so I can plan out what I will be doing in my blogs next year. I hope to be planning out projects to get done on a weekly basis so that I can put out a more regular update to the blog.

So in the next year, I hope to finally get around to cleaning out and fixing up my "office" so that I have a place to keep my crafting confined except what I allow out into the living room when I watch tv with hubby. There will be discussions of how to sort things, where to store them and what should be included in the room as it comes together. As do we all, there are multiple crafts that will find their way into the room. There is one aspect of my hobbies, however, that will not be there: Dying. Though some of the untencils will be kept in my office, they will be used in the kitchen due to the messy nature of this aspect of what I want to do. I don't want to contaminate my regular prep tools with the chemicals of the dying process. It is hard enough keeping things separate for my normal cooking routines so that hubby can have his cake and I can have the gluten free too. I just don't want the hastle of another set of things in the kitchen for dying. So even though they will be used in the kitchen, they will be kept out of the way in the office when not in use.

So here is to new changes in the coming year. What changes will you be making? Do you have a dream room in your home for all your crafts? What do you wish that you had that would make the room better?  I look forward to hearing what you do with your crafting room.

Happy Tatting


Arial - The Tattered Faerie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment