Translate

Monday, October 27, 2014

More snowflakes done

I have days 3 - 6 now done from the book "24 Snowflakes in Tatting". These images show that I still need to hide ends and flatten the flakes. 

Day Three of December
Day Four of December
Day Five of December
Did you ever start a pattern only to swear you are never going to do it again? Day 6 was nearly that pattern that I almost cut loose and refuse to pick up ever again. The center was the easy part of this pattern. What really caused the issue was all the switches on the second round. That's right this is just a two round snowflake but you switch back and forth between shuttles to get the directions right. That really caused me to stop and take a second look at what I had committed myself to.

Day Six of December

The next three days are not much better. I wish that I could just not do them but since I set the goal for myself to do all 24 days then I will just have to bite the bullet and get them done. However, I do have a choice in the order in which I do them. I will most likely choose much easier patterns to tat and then insert one difficult pattern in between. That way I don't end up feeling just too overwhelmed like I did today with this one. 

Yeah, one of the joys of my hypothyroid condition, I tend to have some extremes in feelings. Just back away from the chocolate and hot tea and I will be okay. Helps to put on mood calming music as well. :D

So when these flakes are done I will stick to the simple ones for a while or just continue to expand my ball ornament collection. I will also do some more of my very simple lace-cicles all in the effort to turn my tree into something very Victorian. The only thing that will not be Victorian is the lights as they are already attached to my tree. I really do love doing the ornaments for the tree each year and am always in search of different laces that will add to that collection. I am still planning out a few different ornaments using various tape laces or medallions in combinations that create something unique.

Well that is all for now.


Happy Tatting

Arial - The Tattered Faerie



No comments:

Post a Comment