Translate

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Busy and Exciting Times

Well, I have been so busy that I really have neglected this poor blog. I really hope to get back into regular updates very soon. 

I have not been able to post much in the way of tatting recently because most of what I have done lately has been testing for a couple of very special tatters. I will post when I can for one of the testers but the other has requested no photos published. (So I will honor her wishes in this regard.)

What I can announce here is that my Etsy Shop is now open for business. I opened it for those who liked my Facebook Page Arial's Creations first and then opened up for the rest of the world to see. This is the final place that I need to link to in order to make sure I receive exposure for the shop. 

Below are the blade samples for the first 20 blades. I have almost sold out of the first set of 20 shuttles. I have not decided if I would do more than a couple of runs of each image before moving on to other images that I have lurking on my computers. The basic program used to create the images is called "Apophysis" which creates Fractal Flames from mathematics. It is the combination of various equations and color weights which produce the beautiful images. 

First set of 10 blades


Second set of 10 blades

The images are on both sides of the shuttle. The first set of blades are a bit rough as far as the application goes. I am still working out the process of applying the image and then sealing it. I am wondering if the weather has played a part in the fact that the surface still seems stickier than I wanted it to be. But I hope to have things worked out for the next set that will be even better yet.

The other busy thing about this year is that I was asked to demonstrate tatting at the Missouri State Fairgrounds. The first occasion was for "Trail's End" to commemorate where the cattle drive from the west met the rail heads which lead to the markets of points East of the Mississippi. The second occasion will be coming up this week, "Big Red Power" celebrating the International Harvester company and their contributions to the farm country.

So time to close this entry and plan just what I am going to be taking with me. I have lots of things to show off and if you are at the fairgrounds, stop by the Fine Arts building and visit me.

Happy Tatting

Arial - The Tattered Faerie

No comments:

Post a Comment