Translate

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Should I keep the shop open?

I'm heartbroken right now. Out of the sales I have had, no one really has complained. I did discuss with someone the condition of the shuttles as this was my very first batch and I was still learning how to do them right. Last night on a post about the new designs I had been working on, someone decided that they wanted a replacement for the first batch. Would have been nice had the conversation taken place in private rather than in a public forum. This has totally placed me in a position that makes out I intentionally made a bad product. I did not but weather and materials contributed to a poor finish on the shuttles. What burns me the most is that the complaint was from a person who did not directly order from me. So I was not provided with the courtesy of handling this in a private venue directly with the customer. Now they are almost demanding that I replace the first shuttles with the new ones. 

Needless to say, this will further delay me putting out any new shuttles while I re-think this situation. I had planned some changes to the processing and added a new top coat. This would mean that I will put more work into the next round. However, for me to just give the new ones away would mean that I get nothing in return for the improvements. I would love to have had the chance to handle this in a more adult and professional manner rather than having to now deal with the public humiliation that will come if I don't give into the indirect demand for the new work to just be given away.

I guess what I am saying is that I am sorry that not everyone was satisfied with what they received but there are proper ways to deal with the situation. I believe it would have been better manners for someone to have contacted me either through the shop or my email or Facebook PM before taking it public to place me in a position where I either have to replace everything or just refund and close shop. 

Needless to say the future of the shop is doubt and I have lost a night's sleep over this exchange that took place last night. This just makes me second guess everything now as to what I will be doing in the future.

I hope you have a better day than I did last night.

Happy tatting

Arial - The Tattered Faerie

No comments:

Post a Comment