Translate

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Abstract Tatting......

This week I have decided to begin a study of sorts playing with abstract tatting. There are two books that no long time tatter should be without:



This book is the first of the two books that I am looking at. "Tatting Innovations" is translated from the original German book by Helma Siepmann by Etha Schuette. This is a good book to get one thinking "outside" of the box when it comes to tatting. This first book teaches some of the basic elements and how to think about combining elements in a very different way to create tatted pictures.



"Tatting Artistry in Thread" is the second in this group. This book further explains additional techniques for creating images. There are even more photos inside this book to provide inspiration on how to expand the use of tatting in images. 

My goal this week is to try to create a fall tree scene to hang on my wall. Eventually I hope to have all four seasons created to place on my wall. I have already begun by creating the first of the branches using fall colors. I may rethink using a variegated brown that I have for one that has truer browns in the color way.

Here are a couple of places where you can get the books but I am sure that there are more.






Happy tatting!
Arial - Tatting Faerie

No comments:

Post a Comment