Translate

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

It's that time of year...

When you start thinking about Christmas. Well, if you are a crafter, you do. I have had these ornaments for a few years and wanted to make tatted pieces to put inside of them. The package shown below comes with 4 instead of the usual half dozen or dozen. They are about 3 inches in diameter and 1 inch thick. This is more than enough  space to suspend a tatted snowflake or mini doily inside. So this is my current search to find patterns that I can work up to not exceed the 3 inch limitation and also not look too rediciously small inside. I would not want anything less than 2 inches as it would leave way too much space.


The second image shows just how flat the ornaments are. This would rule out anything too fluffy or 3D. I will most likely look through my library and find some of the pattern books that feature snowflakes. One comes to mind that I used in the making of the necklace from an earlier post. I am also going to make some flakes that I can just hang out by themselves.

I am thinking that I might just look for a shorter table so that I can put up a slightly bigger tree in front of my bay style window in the front of the house. It is not a true bay as there is a 4 to 5 inch gap between the windows. This will allow me to display more tatted ornaments on my tree each year.

The house cleaning continues on very painfully slow as I have about 20 years of kids' stuff to clean up as well as lots of dust bunnies to round up. We are fixing up the house as we go along. For the winter we already have a new roof and gutters. Now we are waiting to hear back from a contractor about replacing the top quarter of our chimney. The issue with replacing brick on an older home is that the new bricks will be about 2 inches smaller than the older ones. This is the result of the "downsizing" in the brick so that they can charge more.

That's enough of my life. Leave comments below about yours. What are your plans to decorate for this "holiday season". Seems like the holidays run into each other this time of year.

Happy tatting!

Arial - The Tattered Faerie


No comments:

Post a Comment