Translate

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Vacation and waiting....

Well, I am getting ready this week to go on a vacation in south Missouri. I am not only packing up my kitchen necessities but also my camera and tatting shuttles. I have a lot of my tatting patterns on my tablet now which cuts down on the number of books I need to take with me. Too bad I don't have access to all of them yet, but I am working on it.

I have come to the realization that I have some how misplaced two of my books. I was going to take them with me to work on some new techniques but I can't find them anywhere right now. The first one is "Tatting: Artistry in Thread" by Helma Siepmann. The second is very much like it is "Tatting Collage" by Lindsay Rogers. I was planning on working on some pieces to learn better how to create images. If I could improve my designing, next year I might just be able to enter some items into the card class at the fair. I have also decided that this is the year I will begin to work on jewelry and working with beads trying to find a better balance between the beads and tatting so that you know the piece is tatted yet the beads are a stunning addition to the piece instead of taking it over. Don't get me wrong, I like the designs that others have come up with but to me you end up losing the idea of tatting amid all of the beads. There has got to be a balance between the lace and the addition of the bead.

I will post about my fair entries just as soon as I hear anything new. The fair starts August 8th in Missouri. Judging should be done this coming Monday just before the fair. Not sure if my friend will call me with the news or not but I will find out for sure Tuesday, August 13 when I get to go see my entries. I will also get to take pictures of my entries to post for you all to see.

Happy tatting

Arial - the Tattered Faerie

No comments:

Post a Comment