Translate

Friday, April 20, 2012

In my Absence.....

I wish to apologize to those who have followed my blog thus far. I have been recovering from last week's outpatient surgery but I have not had much time to post. We are on baby watch right now with a new grand daughter due any day now. So there is her older brother to try and help take care of to give mommy a bit or relief and let her rest as much as possible before little miss "Madison" makes her appearance in the world. At this point in her pregnancy, mommy can not wait for someone to decide to "come out to play" so she can finally get relief. Poor mom has been on bed rest for the last week and not allowed to go back to work until the baby is delivered. 


I did get good news from my surgery that the biopsy came back even clearer than the first time I had the procedure done. Not sure just how that happened but it is a wonderful blessing.


Now for my latest progress on the hat bands. I managed to finally get the outer rounds of the one hat band figured out. Below is a picture of both the final band and a close up to see what I did:



You should be able to click on the image to get the larger picture I uploaded to see it closer. This was inspired by some of the Japanese patterns I have seen where they take the central motif and surround it with "chain" tatting. This is rather plain but I may do another one that has more picots on the inner piece and the chain joins to them instead of just surrounding the motif.


I have another design in the works of simple rings (one shuttle tatting) that will be either two or three rows, depending upon what I decide. I may also have to work up some simple stuff such as bracelets, earrings and necklaces for the shop as well. 


Well, that is all I have for now.
Happy tatting.
Arial - Tatting Faerie

No comments:

Post a Comment