Translate

Friday, April 13, 2012

Some progress and ....

just a tad bit jealous. 

This is that time of year when I see the lists that I belong to get very quiet as people get ready to go to the various meetings around the country. Being here in the midwest, I don't have a lot of chances to go to the places where all the tatters hang out. I would love nothing more than to be able to meet so many of these other tatters that I have come to know via the internet. The only person I have met "live" in the past few years has been Mark Meyers because he lives in the next state over. We actually met in St. Louis which was half way between us. Maybe some year I will be able to go and see all the happenings in the tatting world. 

I have made some progress on the next hat band but have hit a bit of a stall. The basic pattern is shown below but I feel that it needs something more. The motif was a very simple one and fills around very well as you can see in the photo below.


The image below is a closer look at the pattern. I just need to build up the pattern on either side with something that would look really pretty. Just not sure yet what will work to make this wider.


I had started one pattern but really did not like the way it was turning out. So it is back to the drawing board with this one. I may lay it aside for a little while to let the pattern stew. Meanwhile, I will work on another new pattern. 

This week has been pretty rough for me. I had an out patient procedure on Tuesday and am finding it very hard to "wake-up" from the fog of the anesthesia. I feel much better today than I have all week but I am still hitting the wall of physical strength. I find myself having to take naps just to get through the day. It really does not help all that much that we will be having storms for the next three days. Seems I will be sleeping a lot this weekend. 

Well, thanks for reading. Hope your weekend will be more enjoyable than mine. I am going to try and get something else begun to show you next week.

Happy tatting
Arial - Tatting Faerie

2 comments:

  1. hope for your quick and easy healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I am already feeling better. It seems to be taking me a little time to feel "awake" again. This will pass eventually. Meanwhile, new designs may be on the way soon. :D

      Delete