Translate

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Question for other tatters.....

I am hoping to receive some response from other tatters on this one. If you know the answer to this then please leave a comment below.


I am looking for advise on this rose pictured here. I have the basics of this rose down in the tatting area. My question, however, is how do you shape the petals to look like the above picture. In the image above they use beads around the petals but I would like to have it without them. I have tatted this rose for myself several times but have yet to master the shaping of this item. 


This pattern can be found in the Japanese book entitled "Tatingu Friendly Race: Tatting Lace"  by Ondorisha. Now the translation of the title was provided by Amazon and Google so I am not sure it is totally correct. To give you a reference of the book I am talking about, here is a picture of the front cover:
If I can get this rose mastered, then I can add this element to my hatbands. It works up quickly and easily as a pattern goes. It is just the shaping that really throws me off. 


Just a quick check looks as if this book is no longer available though you might find it somewhere as a used book if you don't already have it.


Thanks if you can help.


Happy tatting.
Arial - Tatting Faerie

2 comments:

  1. sorry, don't have the book. looks like a pretty rose. I would like one like that too for my hat. any chance I can get the pattern from you? borrow the book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to think on that one. I'll get back to you.

      Delete