Translate

Thursday, July 19, 2012

On a pattern search.....

I have begun a pattern search for something unique to wrap around my very plain pillar candles. They are not the kind you light that have flame but the LED flameless pillars pictured below. These candles range from $10 to $20 depending upon the size that is purchased. I have bought several and received several more as gifts.




I don't need a specific pattern, just an example of the pattern. I am looking for something ruffled. The main band I will design to fit around the candle but the ruffle will come off of that. I have ideas for the flat design to use around the candle. There are rounds and squares and diamonds enough to use for dressing up the candle but I though that a ruffle would be good for those who really like to use lace. 


I am currently in between patterns for the test tatting that I have been doing and also continuing to work on the tea rose project that will be done by the end of September. I have several ideas for necklaces floating around in my head as well. I  will work on how to tat with beads and such. I admit that is one thing that I have avoided in the 20 plus years that I have been tatting. But that will end soon because of this items that I want to design. I just don't want to lose the tatting to all the beading.


Enough rambling for now. Today is ahead, and I want to try to stay cool today since we will be working on our 33rd day of temperatures over 100 this summer.


Happy tatting
Arial - Tatting Faerie

2 comments:

  1. ruffles can be done fairly easily, you don't really need a pattern, simple put extra picots on the outside rounds of what ever shape you use as your main motif, then "crowd" rings and chains on the outside. you don't need to lose the tatting in the beads, simply scatter them here and there. seems to me there was some ruffle work in one of Mary Konior's books. I have to get ready for work, so do not have the time right now to go look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have a couple of her books. I will look myself today. I have many other books to look through as well. Thanks for the input.

      Delete