Translate

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Tatting going on....

But nothing I can really talk about "yet". Once I am free to post again about the tatting I am doing right now I will. This will also include the pictures that go along with each piece. All I can say is that I am having fun putting these patterns together. You will enjoy the book once it comes out. 


Vacation time is just around the corner and I hope to get something of my own done while I am gone. I will be doing most of the driving just because I enjoy it. But when I take a break from driving and let someone else drive, I will be pulling out the shuttles to do some work. 


Oh, as a result of working on test tatting, I came up with a use for a cheap photo album. I can't post yet (again) but I have printed out the diagram in a size that fits perfectly into one sleeve of the album. I may yet do this with several other favorite patterns so I have a portable pattern book. I am always on the lookout for some nifty idea that will let me take my "portable" craft with me without taking up so much room. I have begun scanning some of my favorite patterns to get ready for the upcoming vacation so I have a good selection with me. I have also been looking at the electronic books that I have with diagrams and selecting from them as well for this new book. :D


I am jealous of those of you who are going to the various tatter days around the country. Maybe someday I can get enough income together that I can attend at least one. Being stuck in the middle of the country, there is nothing close enough for me to attend on a regular basis. Have fun, and I am anxious to hear from everyone how it all goes.


I want to thank all who jumped to my rescue in my last post with regard to my mother. Her care is stepped up to level three, which means she is confined to the facility but is still able to care for herself with encouragement. She is able to simple needle work without much guidance. That was the reason for looking for simple patterns that she can do. I hit on the idea of building pictures from simple elements being added as she completes the previous one. I have not yet started this but I have plenty of  line art now to get the job done. Thank you so much for helping out.


That is all for now. I need to finish this current project today and wait for the next. 


Happy tatting!


Arial - Tatting Faerie

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm in the middle too and could not afford those far aways either. There are some others too. Maybe we should just have our own(very simple) event-like get together at a bed and breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound fun. Maybe next spring or summer. By then my world should be back to pretty quiet with two son's and their families stationed elsewhere and daughter should have her internship for the summer. :D

      Delete