Translate

Friday, February 24, 2012

Browsing Patterns....

I have been going through my patterns just trying to decide what I would make for a gift to be given away this fall. I came across the "Vlinders - Tatted Butterfly Pattern" that was created by Teri Dusenbury in 1994. I was looking for her website and the information to share but sadly it is no longer available. It is my understanding that there was some sort of flap over tatting innovation and techniques. Because of this she has left the tatting community on the internet and we will be all the worse for the loss. I have always admired her beautiful designs. I will make the pattern and frame it but I believe I will not post any other picture than the one listed below.



I am going to continue to look through my patterns from the internet and find something else that I can also work on and share as I make progress. Recently I have begun the process of converting many of my tatting books to electronic format so that I can have a traveling library on my tablet when I am traveling with my hubby. I am surprised that more of these books are not available in electronic format for just this purpose. Yes, I know that some people like having that paper to follow but I really enjoy having my patterns where I can easily put my hands on them and search for what I need. I currently have 234 books in electronic format that I can easily read .

If you have not guessed by now, I am into computers big time. When I was working I made my living by programming main frame computers and troubleshooting the desktop models. I even build my own desktop computer when I feel the need for more horsepower under the hood. Now that the kids have been moving out I will begin rearranging one of the rooms to make my own office for my computer artwork and crafting. Someday I will change this canned theme into something that is all my own. Right now I am working on making this blog a daily habit (that will take 30 days to become that habit.). I must confess that once I begin writing, it tends to get wordy and rambling. Guess this is as good a place as any to end this entry.

Happy tatting.
Arial - Tatting Faerie

No comments:

Post a Comment