Translate

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day Treat!

Well, this is a day that comes around only once every four years. I have spend the day doing nothing constructive (well almost). I have been looking through my patterns and threads and discovered that I do not have any fall colors. A search of our local Hobby Lobby store turned up the only offering in tatting threads:


 The trouble is that they only stock size 20 thread. There is nothing smaller in town. Any place else I would look requires a 30 minute trip and even then they don't always have a good selection. I would buy locally if at all possible but alas it is not to be today.


Guess I will need to turn to Handy Hands for my favorite thread providers and place an order for some fall colors in smaller sizes. So in my cart right now are the following Lizbeth colors: Falling Leaves, Vineyard Harvest, Autumn Spice, Autumn Apple Pie and Leaf Swirl.


I am looking forward to receiving these threads so that I can make some fall colored Tea Roses for my big fall project. I have also received some paper mache'  eggs that I had placed on order last week. It was a really quick turn around for placing the order. So my next debate with myself is whether or not to use them as is or to paint them colors to put tatting over them. I have several border patterns picked out to try on them.


So, enough chatter for now. I need to get on with my tatting.


Happy Tatting
Arial - Tatting Faerie

No comments:

Post a Comment