Translate

Monday, June 18, 2012

Proposed Exchange.....

Okay here it is:


A few days ago, I was going through all of my tatting books just looking to see just what I might turn into a jewelry piece. bookmark, or hatband. I was sort of forced to look at some of my older books because of other things going on in the house at the time that "forced" me to clean out from under my desk. Well, I discovered that I had 4 duplicate books in my stash. Rather than let them languish going unused, I decided that I needed to get them into the hands of another deserving tatter. I know that I could send them all to one place and be happy but I would rather send them to multiple homes to spread the tatting around the world. In return, I would like this to be a fair exchange on the part of the recipient. In other words, I would like for them to put together a package of tatting related items to send in exchange. 


In order to do this fairly, I am restricting this to only those who have posted here on the blog or on the Facebook groups and will be selecting by random number for three of the books. I say "three" because one of the books was particularly asked for by a long time online tatting friend. This is the only exception to my rule. Below I will be posting the covers to the particular books that I have duplicates of. Please indicate the one that you have the most interest in.


This is Tatting Technique & History by Elgiva Nicholls. (I am sorry but this is the on already spoken for.)


This one is Tatting for the Beginner: Snowflakes, Crosses & Edgings by Nettie Lou Strafford Shipp.
This one is Tatted Snowflakes by Vida Sunderman.
Last we have Elegant Tatting Patterns by Janet Carroll


Yes you may attempt to bribe me to put you up near the top of the list but that may or may not work. ;)


I will give you two days to post to this entry on my blog or my post in Facebook. As I did last time I will post an addendum to this post stating that the drawing is closed and will then follow up the next day with the winners.


Let the games begin. 


Happy Tatting!
Arial - Tatting Faerie


Book Exchange is now CLOSED!

7 comments:

  1. I got the awesome thread in an earlier give away. I feel it is best to let others have a chance on this one but I reserve the option to check out all the future ones as well. You have some awesome books listed. Peace,

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great exchange you're planning, and there will be some lucky tatters out there. I already own each of those books, so this is one I won't participate in. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are good books.

    I have the first 3 of them, so will not be participating, but for those who do not know these books, the top one has a lot of good historical information and I have used it as a reference on how to design a pattern starting with a simple motif and progressing to more something more complex.

    I have tatted many snowflakes out of the 2 middle books.

    I have not seen the bottom book, but the motifs on the cover look like it should be a good book to acquire.

    I want you to know, that you should jump on this chance to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, ok, I will be the first avaricious one! I would love the copy of tatted snowflakes. Thank you, Pat, for having a give away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be very interested in tatting techniques and history! That is a book I have wanted but, have not got yet. Hmmm I have some HDT, beads and maybe a shuttle that I would be willing to exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I'd love to be selected for the Schipp book. That's the one that introduced me to tatting. I've long ago lost my own copy. Don't know what I could send you in swap but let's talk if I get picked!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be very interested in snowflakes bookmarks for the beginner, Bribe? I live in newzealand can send you goodies from here lol

    ReplyDelete