Translate

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Greetings....

No, I have not dropped off the face of the earth. (Though sometimes it would be nice to do so.) This has turned into my busiest month with non-tatting related stuff. There is getting things ready for my mothers move, one son getting ready to leave for basic training in the Air Force next week, and the other one getting ready to leave by the end of the month for Japan. He has finally gotten the dates for furniture pickup and flying out from the airport. Things should be firmed up for him in the next couple of days. 


I have tried to distract myself with some tatting but it is not working well. I have been reading and setting up my shop at Etsy. However, that is not ready for that thing called "opening day" yet. Right now all I have ready are just a few hat bands but I am thinking about some other attachments that go along with them. Right now I am not including beads in my work but will eventually work up designs with flash. I have been reading the blogs like crazy and the helps at Etsy trying to get things off to a good start from the beginning. I still need to spend time researching the state sales tax so that I can collect that from the beginning as well. 


Not only do I have the shop set up, sort of, I now have a Facebook page for my stuff. I have not yet added anything to either place so it would be very disappointing for you to travel there now. I do promise that I will make a major announcement when things are officially open. My goal is to get it open for business by the end of the month but as busy as everything is right now, I am afraid that I will not be able to do so. 


You all deserve a picture for your trouble so I will post a link to one of my website's tatting albums for your viewing pleasure today. 


Tatted Egg Album

Maybe I will eventually create some of these for sale as well. That is a thought and some of the other items may get looked at as well for possible sale-ability in the shop. I am looking seriously at the tatted pictures in my bathroom for possible listing in the shop. I may have to raid the dollar shop on a regular basis for frames for this project. And I will always be on the lookout for good picture bases that I can work up the various flowers and butterflies into.

Well that is all for now. Hope to get more tatting done this afternoon after my morning shopping for groceries.

Happy Tatting
Arial - Tatting Faerie

2 comments: