Translate

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Crazy Days . . .

This spring has been unusually warm but it has brought out the beautiful flowers around my house. The daffodils have bloomed and gone well be fore Easter this year. The wisteria vine is now in full bloom in the back yard. This is so beautiful and smells so good when you walk outside. We turned on the air conditioner for the first time this year to try and remove some humidity from the air. However, we found that all of the sudden the AC was no longer working. Come to find out that there were NO leaks in the system. We believe that maybe some houghers got to the valves and drained the Freon from our system. Now we are on the lookout for some locks to place on the valves to prevent this from happening in the future. 


Enough of that nonsense, now on to the tatting content. :D


I have come up with a solution as to what is unique that I can sell on etsy. I was watching GMA yesterday when I saw the segment on The Golden Hat Foundation where celebrities were passing around this hat and taking their pictures in it. Granted the site deals with autistic kids but this actually brought to mind the hat pictured below: 

The band design in this photo is the Black Magic tape done by Mary Konior in her book "Tatting with Visual Patterns." Below is a close up of the pattern:

So I have gone through my pattern books and have several new medallions picked out to build new bands on. I also have a few tapes picked out including the one shown above. The twist on this is that I will be doing the tapes in black to start off with in order to go with a straw colored hat that I have. This should be a really fun project for me to work on. 

I may try to get a picture of my wisteria and post a picture for you all tomorrow.

Happy tatting
Arial - Tatting Faerie

No comments:

Post a Comment