Translate

Friday, March 30, 2012

Hat Band Progress & Spring . . .

I promised a picture or two of the Wisteria off my back deck so here is my portion of spring. I was finally able to get a couple of pictures  because it stopped raining.


and a close up of the cluster:

I really love the smell of this plant in the spring when it is in full bloom and covers most of the back yard.

I have some progress photos for you on the first hat band. This is taken from a Japanese pattern book called "Tatting" by Yusai Shokoin. He is an amazing Tatting artist and his patterns are fun to do. I just have not gotten brave enough to do the bead work on some of his pieces.

This is the look of the band on the straw hat that I have:

As you can see it is still in process but I am able to work it up quickly. Below is a close up of the medallions that I am using for this piece.


Well that is all I have for today. I will be busy trying to get this finished today and set up the next band before I post again. The weekend will be busy with my grandson's first birthday party but I should be able to find some time to tat and with 8 good band patterns picked out I have projects enough to keep me busy even on International Tatting Day on Sunday.


Happy Tatting
Arial - Tatting Faerie

No comments:

Post a Comment