Translate

Friday, March 9, 2012

Miscellaneous Stuff....

Well, I did finally manage to get some tatting done yesterday! Yay, me! I actually made good progress with the pattern that I was working on in my mind. However, there are revisions going along as I tat. Even in size 80 thread, the pattern is much larger on the egg than I hoped. So there will be a revision in what I am planning on doing. Here is the first picture of what I have done so far:




Only thing I don't like about this picture is that the white of the shell shines bright when the flash of the camera goes off. Well, that is what I get for taking pictures in low natural light facing a black background. 


For the next week I will be taking time away from home as we run away for hubby's spring break. This will also be our anniversary week and my birthday. I am not yet sure just what I will choose for my birthday present yet but it will be something very nice. :D  I always enjoy running away from home because it is just hubby and I that are gone that week. This year is the first year that we will not have kids behind at home. All of my kids are out of high school and on their own. The baby of the family (my daughter) will be returning to college this weekend. The only sad part of the weekend is the funeral of my uncle. It was not an unexpected thing as he had been sick for quite a while with lung cancer. He is really better off because his suffering is over now. He was a really amazing man as well as a retired State Highway Patrol Officer. I am glad that I got to know him. 


Enough with the procrastination, I have a lot of packing to do before we leave tomorrow. I hope to be able to post some stuff while I am gone. I understand that the place we are going has free internet.  Not many places do, unfortunately. 


Whatever you do today: do it with purpose, fun and a goal in mind.


Happy tatting!
Arial - Tatting Faerie

No comments:

Post a Comment