As much as I love my new granddaughter, I really do need to have my creative time. :D
I have made some progress on the next hatband and have some pictures to show of the progress.
This is the first five motif repeats of the band. I took this from the same Japanese book that I had been working with before. The original pattern included beads and the motif was used for a phone case. I have adapted this for a running-tape. Below is a close up of the motif that I am using for this piece.
Now I have two options for the center of this motif. I can either do a weaving which might prove interesting or add some sort of large bead to it. I will need to look at the local hobby stores just to find the right item that will go inside. Then I will have to workout just how I would like to attach this new bead. This will take me some time to ponder.
I have only today to sit and work on this band some more. Tomorrow I make the trek south to pickup my daughter from college. This will take two days as it is a very long drive and I don't want to do this all in one day. I am ready for her to be home for a bit.
I am continuing to play with Hand Dyed Thread. I have a new one brewing and this time I am doing a two color thread. I hope to have pictures of this thread soon.
Arial - Tatting Faerie