Translate

Monday, May 21, 2012

One of those days.....

Did you ever have one of those days where you were just not happy with what you had been doing? I have been working on this one hat band way too long for my taste. Meaning, I am not happy with the way it is turning out. I will at some point finish this band but most likely this will be one of a kind. Don't get me wrong, I love the color combination that I created. The pattern itself is not all that bad. In fact, it is pretty easy to work. I am concluding that the problem for me is the size of the thread that I am working with. It seems that I have become spoiled by using size 30 or below in recent years. It is just like I have a very hard time reverting back to dealing with beginning tatting work. I am trying my hardest not to be so much of a snob when it comes to thread sizes because for me to get the sizes that I want I have to order them off the internet. 


Below is a close up of the pattern and thread that I am working with:




This next picture is the full amount of the pattern that I have so far.




So I am going back to tatting with the smaller threads (fortunately for me I have quite a bit on hand at this point). Something about lace calls for the much smaller threads for the delicate look that I am trying to achieve. I so have some thread on order to play some more with the dyeing process. I hope to recreate this particular color and try again to do something that I am happy with. 


I am not sure if I want to finish this band or not. Tell me if you think I should give this away or exchange it with someone for something else? I would of course include the extra thread to complete the project plus the pattern that I have been using. Please leave a comment below with your opinion.


Happy Tatting
Arial - Tatting Faerie